Our Optimal Health™ Programs
Take Shape For Life®’s innovative plans and products empower and equip you to create Optimal Health™ in your own life. Our comprehensive healthy lifestyle offering can help you safely and effectively reach and maintain a healthy weight and adopt habits for a lifetime of health. There are three components that create a foundation for transformation:
- Scientifically Proven Products and Programs
- Your FREE Health Coach and a Community of Support
- The Habits of Health System to Create Lasting Health
1. Proven Products and Programs
Our products are scientifically formulated with the right balance of carbohydrates, protein, fat and sugar to help you burn fat and retain muscle on your health journey.
Perhaps most importantly, our plans are designed with you in mind! Not only do they support weight loss, but they also keep you full and satisfied, avoiding the common crashes that go along with other programs.
Our plans are easy to follow. Shopping and cooking for yourself on a calorie-restricted plan can be overwhelming. We’ve worked with physicians, scientists and nutritionists to create portion-controlled meal replacements to make it easy for you to stay on your plan and keep the focus where it belongs: on gaining your Optimal Health™.
The Optimal Weight 5&1 Plan™ to reach your ideal weight
The Optimal Health 3&3 Plan™ to sustain healthy living
The Optimal Weight 5&1 Plan™
- Lose weight quickly*·
- Choose 5 meal replacements a day, one every 2-3 hours
- Choose five meal replacements from over 90 different, delicious choices, such as shakes, soups, bars, hot beverages, hearty choices, cheese puffs, pretzels, pudding, and brownies
- Each meal replacement has virtually the same nutrition profile designed to meet all your vitamin, mineral, & nutrient needs
- Eat 1 Lean & Green Meal when it’s most convenient
(Lean & Green = lean protein + a vegetable)
- Create a fat-burning state in your body while feeling full and satisfied
- Meal replacements are convenient and can be used on-the-go
The Optimal Health 3&3 Plan™
- Sustain your healthy weight
- Choose 3 balanced meals that you can prepare yourself and 3 Optimal Health™ products each day
- Use our Healthy Exchange options to integrate foods in the right portion sizes for variety and flexibility
- Eat every 2-3 hours to keep metabolism revved up
- Choose a meal plan to guide you based on your Total Energy Expenditure
- Optimal Health™ products contain no artificial flavors, colors or artificial sweeteners; are vegetarian friendly and kosher dairy, and most are gluten-free
* Typical weight loss on the Optimal Weight 5&1 Plan™ is 2-5 lbs per week for the first two weeks and 1-2 lbs per week thereafter.
2. Your Health Coach and the Optimal Health™ Community
Studies have shown that most people, without additional support and the ability to change their habits, will regain the weight they’ve lost.
That’s where our plans and programs are different. When you join Take Shape For Life® as a Client, you are engaging with a comprehensive system to support you throughout your journey. In addition to our scientifically developed plans, you receive your very own Health Coach to act as a guide on your journey to achieve a healthy weight. Leading you to healthy habits and providing you with encouragement and support is your Health Coach’s priority.
If you are interested in becoming a Health Coach and helping others on their journey. Learn more »
3. The Habits of Health System
Your Health Coach will also introduce you to Dr. A’s Habits of Health System, which contains everything you need to replace any poor eating and other lifestyle habits you might have developed with healthy ones that will contribute to your long-term success. By making small, consistent changes in your habits, you can sustain your results for life.
When Dr. Andersen was creating Take Shape For Life®’s program, he investigated behaviors of the people most successful at long-term weight control, and uncovered core habits that these men and women incorporated into their routines.
The BeSlim® lifestyle is composed of six of these core behaviors that have proven to help sustain a healthy weight. Our ultimate goal is for you to have an active life once you’ve lost the weight you desire.
Breakfast every day:
High-quality fuel is essential to start your day off right.
Continued exercise increases metabolism and provides strength, flexibility, and mental clarity.
Your Health Coach helps you reach and maintain your goals with coaching, tools, education, and caring support.
Low-fat meals six times a day:
Eating frequently and controlling portion sizes and total calories, especially those from fat, are critical for success.
Create your individual plan for achieving Optimal Health™ and building skills and strategies to cope with everyday life.
Weighing yourself weekly helps you maintain your optimal weight and catch weight regain before it becomes a challenge.
Optimal Health™ Stories
- “I use the Habits of Health all the time. I eat five to six small, low-fat, balanced meals each day, and practice a regular exercise routine. It’s amazing what good nutrition can do!”
12 years at Optimal Health™